Our Companions


Our Companions Animal Rescue is a Connecticut based organization that promises to always do the right thing for animals, regardless of the challenge or cost.

Friday, November 21, 2014

suzy's Christmas wish

Just a quick story about one of our feline guests, Suzy, and how a little love and kindness gave her a new lease on life:

A special Christmas wish from Suzy to Santa. 

Dear Santa,
I have a special wish this year that I was hoping you could fill....I know it might be a tough one but please if you could only try......I want to have a home to call my own again. 

You see,  I came to the Sanctuary when my owner died in the winter of 2013.  She was sick for a while and couldn't care for me much in the end-so she sent me outside where I had to fend for myself for some time.  When she passed away it was winter and getting cold out- things were getting tough, but eventually some kind people came and trapped me in a cage and brought me to the Sanctuary.....well....I really wasn't very nice at first.
They took a little video of me when I wasn't so nice but really, I was just very scared at the time and didn't know what was going on.




Now I've had a while to adjust and I've been working real hard at changing and trying to be a good kitty and everyone says I'm real sweet and lovable now.  I even have a new video to show how hard I have worked and how far I have come.



So please Santa, if you know someone who is wishing for a cat this Christmas then maybe you could work something out for the both of us-because I'm really ready to leave here and move on to a home I can call my own.
Please   ....just take a chance on me.       Love,   Suzy




 Santa, if you are out there listening: Suzy is a sweet, lovable lap kitty who loves to snuggle.  She is almost 6 years old and prefers to be a only kitty. She had a rough transition when she came to the Sanctuary and was very fearful.  She really loves people and feels comfort when she is around people that she trusts - She's been at the Sanctuary nearly seven months now and is ready to give her gift of love and companionship this Christmas!

***A QUICK UPDATE TO SUZY'S STORY . . . .HER CHRISTMAS WISH DID COME TRUE AND  SHE  WENT TO HER FOREVER HOME ON JANUARY 10TH.  WE ARE HAPPY TO SAY SHE IS BEING SPOILED ROTTEN BY HER WONDERFUL NEW OWNER AND THEY ARE ADJUSTING WELL TO THEIR NEW LIFE TOGETHER!***

3 comments:

  1. Best thing you could ever do is welcome Suzy into your heart <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore little Suzy! Has someone adopted her yet? I hope so...she's a sweet girl who means well but just needs someone to love and have love her back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suzy's Christmas Wish has come true! She's been adopted into a wonderful forever home and is just the happiest little kitty that there ever was. Congratulations Suzy! You now have what every cat deserves.....a person of your very own to love and be loved.

      Delete